17 - 29 August 2017, Lincoln University, New Zealand
Deadline for application: 30 April 2017 or until places are filled
Graduates will develop critical understanding of conceptual frameworks and implementation pathways to better integrate environmental governance and on-farm environmental practices within agricultural landscapes.
After successfully completing this course students will be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge: Multi-disciplinary dimensions of agri-environmental systems and their sustainable management at farm and landscape levels
- Skills: Critical evaluation of current policy frameworks, organizational relationships and practical measures aimed at sustainable agri-environmental management of agricultural landscapes. Investigation of innovative pathways to enhance sustainable agri-environmental performance at a farm and landscape scale
- Values: Recognition of the multiple values of agri-environmental systems as they are expressed in contemporary landscape management practices
- The course includes the following components:
- Background reading and preparation of an individual project
- Presentations of projects by students and introduction to the case study
- Field tour
- Lectures and seminars
- Case study workshops
- Presentations of group projects and course conclusion
The summer school is scheduled for 17th-29th August 2017
Preparatory readings and e-lectures will commence on July 10th 2017 and will be followed by a videoconference workshop and seminar.
For further details please see the course programme.
Please fill in the application form and send it to Shona Mardle at Lincoln University
Deadline for application: April 30 2017 or until places are filled
During the online phase at home participants will have access to recommended literature for course preparation
Course format: Mix of lectures, workshops and field excursions
Level: The course is aimed at students of environmental sciences or related subjects who have already passed university Bachelors courses (or equivalent) of at least 3 years.
Lincoln University, Christchurch, New Zealand
Hall of Residence or self-contained campus accommodation
No accommodation cost and tuition fee. Travel expenses to New Zealand and food are not included. Some travel scholarships available
Non ELLS-partner students / New Zealand students
300 EURO for housing + 50 EURO for tickets for public transport. Travel expenses to New Zealand and food are not included. Tuition fee applies.
After payment of fees, registration is binding.
Lincoln 7647, Christchurch, New Zealand
Phone: +64 03 325 3820
Contact persons for scientific questions: Shona Mardle or your local representative of the Subject Area Environmental Science