28th August - 1st September 2017, Warsaw University of Life Sciences, Warsaw, Poland
Deadline for application: 30th April 2017
This Summer School is an international cooperation within the scope of the Euroleague for Life Sciences (ELLS) and is organised by faculties and departments that join forces from various fields of expertise (e.g. renewable energy, primary production, forestry, food science, economy/marketing) under an umbrella of “bioeconomy”. It addresses bioeconomy issues in interdisciplinary views and aims to bring students and teachers from various countries and fields
to work together in order to discuss and talk about actual topics and problems of bioeconomy.
After active and successful participation in the summer school course, students will be able to:
- understand and describe fundamental concepts of the bioeconomy
- identify and understand theoretical as well as practical relations in the value chain from the
perspective of bioeconomy
- identify the role of bioeconomy in research and development policy and know their instruments
- analyse possibilities of implementing concept of bioeconomy in their activities and education, possibly focused on traditional sectorial approach
28th August – 1st September 2017: Intensive Summer School at the Warsaw University of Life Sciences in Warsaw (Poland). The underlying idea of the Summer School is to give students the opportunity to work in international and cross-sectional teams prior and during the week in Warsaw. Students are obliged to do preliminary work (e-learning) in June and July, so they will:
- be introduced into the issues of the bioeconomy and methodology of poster presentation through e-learning
- run quantitative and qualitative analysis of the bioeconomy sector in their home countries prior to the Summer School (teams of two persons)
- present results as posters during the week in Warsaw.
The deadline for posters’ submmission is 23rd July 2017.
The deadline for application is the 30th April 2017. The applicants will get informed not later
than on the 12th May 2017 if their application is accepted. The division into working teams will be held on the15th May 2017.
This Summer School targets master and PhD students. The number of participants is limited to a maximum of 20 students.
Location and accommodation
Warsaw University of Life Sciences in Warsaw (Poland), accommodation in the university dormitory: August 27th - September 2nd, 2017.
Social programme: Warsaw sightseeing and student social event.
One-day study tour is planned.
Fees and subsistence costs for students qualified for the course will be funded by the ELLS project. Travel expenses to Warsaw are not included.
Tomasz Pawlonka, PhD
Warsaw University of Life Sciences
Faculty of Economic Sciences
166 Nowoursynowska Street
02-787 Warsaw, Poland
Phone: +48 934025
Fax: +48 5934010